Futures in Life Sciences Panel Discussion and Networking Event
Overview of Big Data Career Paths in Life Sciences
Date: September 27th, 2016
Location: MassBio Offices, 300 Technology Square, 8th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02139
To register: http://fils62016.eventbrite.com
Propel Careers, MassBio, and the MassBioEd have joined together to organize a series of networking and panel events focused on raising awareness of career paths that exist in life sciences for individuals with advanced degrees. This Futures in Life Science program will bring together experts across a wide range of disciplines and functional areas within the life science industry, who detail their roles and provide a rich context for the audience to gain a clear understanding of the skills, aptitudes, competencies, and personalities that thrive in their particular functions. Attendance for this program is open to current graduate students; post doctoral fellows, and medical residents who are interested in careers in the life sciences industry. The event will focus on the various Big Data Career areas including bioinformatics, systems biology, computational biology, and modeling career options within the life sciences industry.
5:30pm-6:00pm – Registration and Open Networking
6:00pm-6:10pm – Introductions and Overview
6:10pm-7:30pm – Panel Discussion
Moderator: Lauren Celano, MBA, CEO of Propel Careers
Katherine Bettencourt, Ph.D., Senior Scientist at The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
Jeanne Latourelle, Ph.D., Sr. Research Scientist, GNS Healthcare
Luke Ward, Ph.D., Sr. Scientist, Amgen
Michael Valentino, Ph.D., Scientist, Exosome Diagnostics
7:30pm-8:00pm – Open Networking
Full FILS 2016 Series Event Schedule: All events held at MassBio Offices, 300 Technology Square, 8th floor, Cambridge MA 02139 from 5:30-8pm.
• Wed Jan 27th 2016: Overview of Career Paths in Life Sciences Industry
• Tues Feb 23rd 2016: Overview of Consulting Career Paths in the Life Sciences Industry
• Tues March 22nd 2016: Commercialization 1 (i.e. Marketing, Alliance Management, Business Development, Product Management) Career Paths)
• Tues April 26th 2016: Career Paths in Research and Development I: (i.e. Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology / Toxicology, Intellectual Property)
• Tues May 17th 2016: Career Paths in Clinical, Regulatory, and Medical Affairs
• Tues Sept 27th 2016: Career Paths in Big Data
• Tues Oct 18th 2016: Commercialization II (Reimbursement, Pharmacoeconomics, Patient Advocacy, and Market Access) Career Paths To Register: http://fils72016.eventbrite.com
• Tues Nov 15th 2016: Career Paths in Research and Development II (Preclinical Research, Clinical Biomarker Development, Research Operations / Finance, Project Management). To Register: http://fils82016.eventbrite.com
About the Organizers
MassBio - MassBio, a not-for-profit organization that represents and provides services and support for the Massachusetts biotechnology industry, is the nation's oldest biotechnology trade association. Founded in 1985, MassBio is committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide. Representing over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, MassBio works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services. To learn more, visit: http://www.massbio.org.
MassBioEd - The Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation, founded in 2001, is a non-profit charitable organization committed to supporting science and biotechnology education in Massachusetts through school programs, workforce training, and lifelong learning. MassBioEd is closely affiliated with the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council and helps the Council in fulfilling its goals to nurture the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) pipeline in Massachusetts. To learn more, visit http://www.massbioed.org.
Propel Careers - Propel Careers is a Boston based life sciences search and career development firm founded in 2009 to foster entrepreneurship and to cultivate leaders in the life sciences industry. Propel recognizes the importance of job creation and career development opportunities to the success of the industry as well as to next generation of industry leaders. The mission of Propel Careers is to make connections that fuel innovation, and we do this through placement, networking, coaching and mentorship. To learn more, visit https://www.propelcareers.com.